Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Pukes

Today was a low moment in my until now happy-go-lucky pregnancy journey.

Because I'm still sick with the Ebola thing that's been going around, I was up all night coughing. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, if at all. Luckily, I didn't have to work today so I tried to sleep in and actually napped a couple of hours throughout the morning. Then at around 11, I woke up feeling a little gaggy. I figured it was probably my own morning breath that was making me ill, so I went to go brsh my teeth. Bad mistake.

I spent the next 30 minutes puking my brains out. Like I mentioned, up until now, everything has been peachy keen, honky dory, so much so that I sometimes "forget" I'm knocked up. After Pukefest 2008 seemed to subside, I was famished so I decided to eat something bland, and had some plain yogurt. About 20 minutes later, I was assuming the same toilet bowl position.

I won't bore you with the rest of the gory details from Pukefest 2008, but suffice it to say that I spent a total of 4 hours today getting intimately aquainted with my Kohler toilet (I had no idea my toilet was a Kohler until today). I plan to sue the writers of "What to Expect" for erroneously misleading me to believe that morning sickness usually "subsides by the 10th week." Because I'm 2 days from Week 10 and if this shit is just kicking in, there will be hell to pay. Hell. To. Pay.

No comments: