Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grocery Shopping

So today, I had to go grocery shopping. I just needed more eggs (I've been on an egg kick lately, so sue me), milk, soy milk, cheese and bread. So why did I come home with a receipt for $138.62 from Shop Rite then, you ask?

Because I apparently NEEDED to buy something called "Chruscik"AND a jar of maraschino cherries AND a package of Double Stuff Oreos AND...you get the point. I could literally feel my blood sugar surge every time I added yet another refined-white-flour-high-fructose-corn-syrup item to my cart. I once remember a time when I used to carefully analyze each item's nutritional information before ultimately deciding that 100 Calorie Packs were just too "junky". Those days, friends, are long gone.

Embarrassingly enough, I've also become one of those ladies who eat their purchases while they shop. You know, because everyone knows how physically intense a 30 minute trip to the grocery store is. And I needed to refuel with some good ol' chruscik. Gestational diabetes, here I come!!!

No comments: