Saturday, December 6, 2008

1st post

So I am 9w1d today, +-2 days, depending on which online pregnancy calculator you are using and/or whether you are going by my ultrasound or LMP (last menstrual period). To be honest, none of those dates are consistent so I'm just going to say that I'm in the middle-ish part of the first worst trimester and leave it at that.

I decided to start a blog about my adventures in pregnancy and, soon, motherhood (!!!???!!!) because:

(a) I am a neurotic first time mom (I feel sorry for this poor child already!);
(b) Mike can only handle so much of my neuroses; and
(c) I would like to one day look back on this experience and smile, chuckle, or - worst case scenario - say, "What the EFF was I thinking!?!?!?"

I'm quite the superstitious person so I didn't want to start journaling (if you can call this that) or anything until things looked good. Well, we saw a heartbeat about 2 weeks ago and I'm still as bitchy as can be, so I am left to assume that I'm still pregnant and baby is doing just fine. Also, I'm pretty impatient, so I am hoping this will make the next 215-ish days go by somewhat faster.

Symptoms: Today I am feeling quite gaggy and retchy. No actual vomit (so far) so big ups to the Big Guy Upstairs. Also, I swear I can feel/see a baby "bump" but it might just be my imagination or perhaps the hallucinogenics I took last night (KIDDING! Sheesh, chill.) Actually, I should mention that I have become perhaps The Most Annoying Ex-Smoker you will ever meet. I will cough and choke and make flailing gestures in a feeble attempt to dissipate your nasty carcinogenic smoke if you so dare smoke in front of my puffy, tired face. You have been officially warned.

No comments: