Wednesday, December 17, 2008

lolfetus

I desperately needed to get my mind off of tomorrow. I waver between sheer excitement at seeing the little fellow/gal that's been shacking up in my uterus and utter dread that something will go horribly wrong at tomorrow's NT ultrasound. Will my baby have Downs? Spina Bidifa? Trisomy? Worse yet, will it even be alive? For those of you who don't know, I recently suffered a miscarriage. Not just a run-of-the-mill miscarriage, mind you, but a "missed miscarriage". My body, perhaps to spare my mind and spirit, decided that, even after the baby had passed on weeks before, it would go through the pregnancy motions. Morning sickness, check. Fatigue, check. Sore boobies, check, check. Viable fetus....not so much.

So, in an effort to take my mind off things, I decided to have a little fun with my early ultrasound pics. I call it lolfetus, and it's an homage to one of the most amazing websites around: lolcats. Enjoy! :)








1 comment:

The Three Little Bears said...

I too suffered a miscarriage previous to this pregnancy - so I understand the scare. I did have an ultrasound done at 9 weeks (I was spotting) that showed a heartbeat and movement. And now I have the 1st trimester screening u/s this monday and I am still nervous. Heartbeats start and stop all the time and I am like you, still nervous. I think it is great that you are still finding ways to enjoy your pregnancy and keep some humor. Good for you!