Monday, January 5, 2009

2nd trimester

First off, apologies for being so damn MIA lately. If you must know, there was The Christmas Family Drama, then The Holiday Party Craziness, followed by The Terrible Toilet Flooding Incident and finally, The Hiring of Contractors Due to Toilet Flooding Incident. So, my sincerest apologies to the whopping 5 of you (bless your little hearts!) for not posting anything remotely recently...

Second, I have now reached a new milestone in my pregnancy: the second trimester! For those of you not in the know, it marks the period of time after the 12th/13th week but before the 26th/27th week. Because miscarriage rates sharply decline, and because morning/noon/night sickness usually goes away by this point, most pregnant womenfolk rejoice and dance around in glee. This is also the period of time when a "baby bump" first becomes noticeable and when that infamous "pregnancy glow" kicks in.

So, why then, has neither happened to little ol' me yet?!? Even after 14+ weeks, I have no real baby bump to speak of (unless you count my "food baby") and, instead of a pregnancy "glow", I've got a perma-scowl, thanks to those pregnancy hormones. To add insult to injury, I even had a little morning sickness the other day! Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to The Big Guy Upstairs for blessing me with this little monkey, but c'mon, throw me a bone here! I'm impatient and need some outward sign that this pregnancy is NOT all in my head and that there REALLY is a little baby in there. It's also starting to get really awkward rubbing and talking to my non-existent belly every night!!! :P

1 comment:

The Castillo Family said...

Aww! Hang in there! The baby bump is coming! Mine just sort of popped out from one day to the next. When I got back to work on Monday, everyone was like: now, where did this come from??? Hahahaha! I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, so no need to despair... And, although there was no morning sickness for me this time, why can't I get over this exhausted feeling???? When will it be over, huh? :) Hang in there.