Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 15.....AGAIN

So, I recently had to switch OB's because we Americans are so damn litigious and my old OB couldn't make a buck anymore due to skyrocketing insurance premiums. Well, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise (sort of!) because I ended up getting a "freebie" ultrasound with this new lady. I never grow tired of hearing and seeing my little one, so I jumped at the chance. That is, until they told me....

"Ma'am, you are 15 weeks along with a due date of 7/10/09."

Um, hello? My last OB told me I was 16 weeks along with a due date of 7/3/09. What this means is that I've basically gained back a week. Which, in pregnancy-world, is no fun. One more week of drop-dead fatigue, backaches, round ligament pains (that's a real hoot, let me tell you), gas, insomnia, weepiness, pregnesia and what my girlfriend calls "pregnancy rage". Awesome. But I think what saddened me the most is that it also means one MORE week of waiting until I get to hold the little one in my arms. That just plain sucks. :(

Oh well. As a consolation prize, baby is due (again!) on my late father's birthday AND I got these really cute ultrasound pics to boot. LOLFetus pics to follow shortly....

1 comment:

jill said...

I finally found the link to this again... (my pc died along with all my favs... oh and 6000+ pictures) whaaa...

okay enough about me... 7/10 is a great date!! Sharing it with your daddy would be SOOO awesome!! But a very small part of me still is hoping for the 5th. Either way it being a Cancerian, means he/she will be a sensitive, caring, funny, creative (shall I go on...?)