Friday, March 6, 2009

6 months!

Oh boy, I know I have a lot of 'splainin' to do.  Long story short, I've been busy.  Yes, too busy even for you, my favorite little cyber-stalkers.  :)  Busy with what, you might ask?  Work, life, marriage and the increasingly frightening prospect that Mike and I are actually, really, truly going to be "parents" soon.  How soon, you ask?  17 weeks soon!  Indeed, today I am 23 weeks - or technically 6 months - pregnant.  

That's right - I've been harboring a fetus in my uterus for half a year!  That's roughly 180 days of no smokin', boozin', caffeinin', soft cheesin', deli meatin', big fish eatin' etc, etc.  While I'd like to attribute my teetotaling on my Christ-like willpower, it's really only because Junior beats the crap out of me every time I so much as THINK about eating an Italian sub and washing it all down with a chocolate martini.

So what have you missed?  Really, not all that much.  I do sport an impressive little bump now, or so I've been told.  And, about 4 weeks ago, we found out Junior's sex (no, we're not sharing!).  We got a couple more ultrasounds, yadda yadda yadda and now I'm 6 months!  I know it's utterly cliche, but it really IS going by SO fast.  But I wouldn't have it any other way, because I honestly CANNOT WAIT until McBaby arrives.  I'll update you all more later, but for now, I'll leave you with my 22 week belly shot (front) 
 
and side:

Keep your Shamu jokes to yourself, thanks!  :)

No comments: