Friday, April 3, 2009

Top 5 Things I Couldn't Live Without During 1st & 2nd Trimesters

Well, hot diggity folks!  I am 27 weeks pregnant today, which is nary but one week away from the big Third Trimester!  I noticed that my tone has become whiny and negative of late, so I thought I would write a positive post this time around.  You see, contrary to popular belief, I DO love being pregnant!  I love feeling all of baby's kicks, jabs and hiccups (muffled, thanks to my anterior placenta) and I even love my big, burgeoning belly.  While it sometimes gets in the way of things, it makes me feel feminine and womanly and, well, like a mom already.  :)

I thought I would share with you a list of my favorite pregnancy things so far.  These are just a few items that I consider critical to my wellbeing while being knocked up.  So without firther ado...

5)  V-8 Fusion Juice.  Let's face it, there are just some days I don't feel very salad-y (sorry, baby!).  V-8 fusion is the Cliffs Notes of nutrition.  It contains a full serving of fruit AS WELL AS a full serving of veggies in one measly 8 ounce glass.  It's tasty and nutritious without having to force down a boring salad and an apple down your throat.  Genius!

4)  Snoogle.  Not to be confused with the wildly popular "Snuggie", the Snoogle is a large (OK, ginormous) C-shaped body pillow manufactured by Leachco and marketed toward pregnant women.  Why only pregnant women, however, is beyond me.  Leachco could mass-market this thing a la Sunggie and make fortunes, I tell you.  I myself plan to use the Snoogle well after baby is born and into my golden years.  The pillow itself is pure delicious comfort and I honestly don't know how I slept without one before I got pregnant.  A keeper!

3)  Sports Bra.  Pregnancy has brought out the best in me.  Quite literally.  My freakin' nipples have been standing at attention since I was 6 weeks pregnant.  Additionally, they are sore and heavy and generally feel very yucky.  Yes, they are metamorphosing into udders, but can a girl get SOME comfort during a generally uncomforatble time?  Enter the sports bra.  Not only do they pop those incorrigible nips back into place, they support my girls without the invasiveness of an underwire.  Can I get an amen?!

2)  Doritos' "Last Call Jalapeno Popper" Chips.  On the days I don't feel particularly salad-y (see #5), I am most certainly feeling junk-foody, and there is no guiltier a pleasure than these chips, folks!  If you haven't already tried them, give them a whirl.  Of course, they don't necessarily do wonders to a pregnant woman's gastrointestinal tract.  But that is a small price to pay for the spicy, creamy blend of deliciousness that is the Jalapeno Popper chip.  If you are a college student, pothead, or pregnant person, I guarantee you will find no better chip on God's green Earth.  And that's the truth. 

1)  Bella Band.  Before I was able to properly wear maternity clothes, I longed to wear them.  Yet now that I am able to wear them, I despise them.  Particularly, maternity pants.  Uglier than granny panties, these hideous articles of clothing were clearly designed by a blind heterosexual male.  The Bella Band, however, allows one to avoid having to wear these fashion travesties and wear her pre-pregnancy jeans for as long as that Lycra sleeve will stretch.  I think I will shed a few tears the day my Bella Band just won't cut the mustard anymore, but until then, I've gotten more than my $26 worth out of this miraculous piece of fabric.

1 comment:

Finally Happy!!! said...

Well, I'm sold I'll be purchasing a Snoogle in the very immediate future!